Mission & Goals
Mission Statement: Las Vegas HIgh School will develop the minds of the students so they can achieve their desired future goals.
- All students can achieve academic success in the courses that challenge their intellect when support is provided.
- All students can reach mastery of the standards at different times and staff must accommodate their individual needs.
- All students must be provided the opportunity to take a variety of courses that prepare them for their future aspirations.
- All students must be provided access to a variety of clubs, sports, and activities to fully develop their interests and talents.
- All students must treat the school, the staff, and their peers with respect.
- All students benefit when staff collaborates and develops lessons that meet the differentiated needs of students.
- All students need to have at least one adult on campus that connects with them on a personal and academic level.
Our beliefs are embodied in our daily actions. We have a unique grading policy where students can re-do assignments or retake quizzes and exams, allowing them to continue to master the standards at any time during the semester. Additionally, we have an extended day where students have access to seven classes and can get additional support and guidance everyday from 2:00 to 4:00 PM in the library and on Saturdays from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM. This extra support includes access to APEX where you can make-up credits or take expansion courses. Furthermore, we have a vast number of clubs, sports, and activities and electives.