Mission & Goals
Mission Statement: Las Vegas HIgh School will develop the minds of the students so they can achieve their desired future goals.
- All students can achieve academic success in the courses that challenge their intellect when support is provided.
- All students can reach mastery of the standards at different times and staff must accommodate their individual needs.
- All students must be provided the opportunity to take a variety of courses that prepare them for their future aspirations.
- All students must be provided access to a variety of clubs, sports, and activities to fully develop their interests and talents.
- All students must treat the school, the staff, and their peers with respect.
- All students benefit when staff collaborates and develops lessons that meet the differentiated needs of students.
- All students need to have at least one adult on campus that connects with them on a personal and academic level.
Our beliefs are embodied in our every day actions. We have a unique grading policy where students can re-do assignments or retake quizzes and exams, allowing them to continue to master the standards at any time during the semester. Additionally, we have a daily guidance period that allows 30 minutes within the school day for students to get additional support/instruction. This includes labs for the students taking AP courses and labs for extra proficiency support. Furthermore, we have a vast number of clubs, sports, and activities and electives.